Wednesday 17 December 2014

Picks Of The Week

Every week, I'll choose one comic book and one item of merchandise to showcase from the new delivery!



Comic Pick Of The Week - 
Rumble #1

Another unexpected gem from Image Comics! Combining the wonder of John Arcudi, James Harren and Dave Stewart, Rumble #1 brings you the perfect mix of violence, comedy and darkness. It's an action/adventure fantasy series folloing Rathraq, the recently returned Scarecrow Warrior God. Image describes the series as "Louis C.K. meets Robert E. Howard in a David Fincher universe."
Harren's artwork alone had me, with the cover being one of the best first issue covers I've had the pleasure of laying my eyes upon. Stewart's use of colour is absolutely genius, and that, combined with the exciting and dynamic artwork bring Arcudi's genius writing to life. It's not excessively wordy (like SO many titles these days,) yet it leaves you desperate for the next issue. Definitely one to pick up! I cannot WAIT to see where this goes!




Merchandise Pick Of The Week - 
Batman Lil Gotham Figures

I'm a huge fan of Lil Gotham's fabulous artwork, so for these figures to be made is nothing short of amazing! They all come with accessories and all except Batman (as he's sturdy enough!) come with circular, clear bases. Pick up your favourite character, or get the whole set! (I have the whole set myself, and they look absolutely amazing displayed together!)

All products are available in-store at Dark Side Comics!

No comments:

Post a Comment