Thursday 18 December 2014

Weekly News Round-Up 18/12/14

Weekly News Round-Up


Neil Gaiman wants Hiddleston or Cumberbatch for Sandman

In an interview with Radio Times, Gaiman said the following;
"There was a time Johnny Depp would've been a great Morpheus, but now he's too old and it's fine. I think the first time I saw Benedict (Cumberbatch) was as Sherlock Holmes, I thought 'wow, that's incredibly Morpheus.' Tom Hiddleston is still out there, and the truth is, as far as I'm concerned, anybody who sounds English with great cheekbones can probably pull it off. With Joseph Gordon-Levitt in charge, his instincts are good and he loves the material. He wants it to be true to the material. They've written a script. I got a phone call about two, three weeks ago from Joe and David (Goyer) saying, 'Jack did a script, we read it, we want some things done to it. We want you to see it, but not this version. The next version will be in three weeks and then you'll be the first person to sett it.' So I am now a week before seeing the script. It's going to come in just before Christmas. I'm nervous, I'm on tenterhooks. But do I have good feelings? Yeah I do."

What do you guys think? Who would you cast as Sandman's Morpheus? I wouldn't mind Hiddleston or Cumberbatch, but they're already deep in the Marvel-Verse, so I'm not sure it'll happen.
Who would you prefer?



Viola Davis cast as Amanda Waller in DC's Suicide Squad

I haven't seen Davis in anything but I'm assured she's a great actress. I'm just happy Oprah isn't involved, as originally slated!


Tim Burton's Beetlejuice sequel could be happening!

It's been spoken about plenty in the last few years, but Burton's Beetlejuice 2 is apparently 'closer than ever'!
Michael Keaton and Winona Ryder have both confirmed they'd reprise their roles and the script for the sequel is being developed by Seth Grahame-Smith, author of the book Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter.
Burton told comingsoon.net; "It's a character that I love and I miss and I miss actually working with Michael. There's only one Betelgeuse. We're working on a script and I think it's probably closer than ever and I'd love to work with him again."
I would imagine the recent success of Keaton's Birdman is definitely helping give him a little more clout. Lets hope this happens!



Check out the blog every Thursday for the weekly news round-up!

No comments:

Post a Comment