Wednesday 19 November 2014

Picks Of The Week

Every week, I'll choose one comic book and one item of merchandise to showcase from the new delivery!



Comic Pick Of The Week - 
Spider-Woman #1

There were several great issues out this week, but Spider-Woman #1 takes the cake as the biggest surprise of them all! I'm not into the Spider-books much myself, but this is brilliant! It seems to be separate enough from the Spider-Verse event to make sense to new readers, as well as featuring existing characters that long-running fans will love. The inner artwork is lovely, the writing is brilliant and the dialogue has an incredibly natural feel to it, something quite unique for a superhero book! I absolutely loved Spider-Woman (who I believe is Jessica Drew,) she's instantly likeable, especially considering her sometimes hard-edged attitude. Silk (Cindy Moon) is also endearing and fantastic, and the appearance of some other bad-ass Spider-women involved gets a big thumbs up from me... It's safe to say I now have some serious cosplay needs!




Merchandise Pick Of The Week - 
DC Comics Super Villains Deathstroke Figure

I always err on the side of the baddies (hence the name of the shop :P), and this Deathstroke figure is no exception. Awesome detail and a wonderful box perfect for display, this is a must have for any DC figure collection. 


All products are available in-store at Dark Side Comics!

No comments:

Post a Comment